I talk about vision a lot – it really helps you get focus in all areas of your life and a vision board is a great way to see that vision on a daily basis so you know what you are continually striving for. A vision board is usually a poster board where you stick (or collage) images or words that you find inspirational and reflect your vision that you have for yourself or business. It should encapsulate both what you want from life and why (what does that get you – your motivation!).
So how do you create a vision board?
There’s no real right or wrong when it comes to vision boards – a vision board is for you and should reflect what you feel. As a guide however, this is what you might do:
- Think about your vision:
- What are you doing?
- How much do you earn?
- Who are you working with?
- Where are you?
- What are you working hours?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Where do you live?
- Who do you live with?
- Where do you go on holiday?
- What car are you driving?
- How do you feel?
These are just some questions – let your imagination do the work.
- Find magazine images or print images from the internet which mean something to you in terms of your vision. These can be photo’s, images or words – anything that you find inspirational. Pile them up!
- Lay the images on the board and organise them in whatever way seems right for you – use your intuition, there is no right or wrong. Some people like to organise them into areas such as home, holidays and work and others like to spread the images out in no particular order. Go with your gut.
- Glue the images to the poster when you are happy with how the vision board looks.
- Now for the most important bit – hang up your vision board in a prominent place. The board should remind you about what you want from life and that your actions need to be moving you towards this vision.